#1 for Backflow Testing in Edmond, OK With Over 1,500 Local Reviews!
What Is Backflow?
Backflow is when water flows the opposite way in a pipeline. This happens in one of two ways:
- Backpressure - when the water pressure in your residential plumbing lines exceeds that of the municipal lines
- Backsiphonage - a sudden change in water pressure that causes wastewater to flow in reverse
Backflow contaminates your potable water by mixing it with unwanted wastewater. The best way to prevent this is by installing a backflow prevention assembly. Most backflow testing companies offer prevention assemblies and assist with installation. Scheduling backflow testing services to test the quality of your water is another way to protect your potable water supply and plumbing system. Frequently testing potential backflow can prevent future costs associated with significant plumbing issues.
Backflow Testing Services
Signs That You Need Backflow Testing Services
If you come across any signs of water contamination, scheduling a backflow testing service will help you locate the problem.
- Water discoloration
- Poor water pressure
- Odors coming from the faucets or plumbing lines
Backflow Testing Near Me: FAQ
Backflow testing costs will vary depending on the structure and location of your plumbing system. On average, you can expect the backflow testing cost to be between $75 and $500.
A residential backflow testing cost will typically be lower than that of commercial buildings. Scheduling an inspection with a professional plumber will give you a more accurate cost estimate.
It is possible to test your own backflow preventer. Follow these steps to do so.
- Shut off the main water – This is the first step to ensure safety and prevent others from using contaminated water.
- Inspect the direction of water flow – Refer to the arrows and printing on the device to help you establish which way your water should flow.
- Determine the number of test cocks and bushings needed – Make sure that these materials are clean.
- Check the shut-off valve – Water coming out of the first check valve indicates a need for repair, whereas water exiting the double check valves does not.
A backflow testing kit will typically come with instructions on how to test your preventer. If you cannot test it yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, search for backflow testing companies to schedule a testing service.
Backflow testing is critical for any plumbing system. Millions of Americans face dangerous diseases caused by contaminated water every year. Backflow testing services ensure that your water remains potable and help you identify any contaminants early on.
The most common occurrence that follows backflow is contaminated water. More severe cases of backflow can lead to other problems:
- Burst water mains and pipes
- Slow water pressure
- Plumbing system damage
When searching for backflow testing companies, you want to find a company that offers fast, effective services. Champion Plumbing understands the sense of urgency that comes with plumbing issues and offers efficient backflow testing services with a quick response time.