A gas leak in the home can cause carbon monoxide poisoning or lead to a fire, which is why it’s essential to call in a professional right away the minute you suspect you have a leak. At Champion Plumbing, our technicians are ready to help by offering gas line leak repair and gas pipe leak detection. We offer same day service so you get the help you need quickly!
If you’re not getting the hot water you used to, it could mean hot water heater failure is imminent. Check out our water heater services and see how we can help.
Five Signs You Have a Gas Leak
As gas pipes age, they deteriorate and leak, and a gas leak in the home isn’t something to ignore. Here are five signs you have a problem and you need to call in a gas line leak repair specialist immediately.
- Dying Plants: Even though gas is invisible, if you notice dead or dying plants around your house, it could mean a ruptured gas line.
- Leaking Sounds: A hissing sound coming out of your gas line indicates a leak and is one you must deal with right away.
- Smell: Natural gas is odorless, so gas companies add mercaptan to the gas to give it an odor of rotten eggs or sulfur to alert people to its presence.
- Bubbles: Take a wet rag and small amount of dish soap and wipe the area of the pipe you suspect is leaking. If you see bubbles forming, you have a leak.
- Ill Feeling: Headaches, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue are all signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
What to Do If You Smell Gas
Gas leaks are common and fortunately, most leaks are dealt with quickly and without incident. When you smell gas in your home, open your windows to let in fresh air, turn off the gas main if it’s safe to do so; if not, get out of the house and call for a gas line leak repair company to assess the situation and fix the problem. If you’re feeling ill, get medical attention immediately.
Sometimes, clogs are so stubborn even chemical drain cleaners don’t help. In these cases, check out our drain cleaning services and see how our method is better.
Why Call Champion Plumbing
Here in Edmond, OK, you have a variety of gas line leak repair companies to call when you have a problem. And we believe it’s up to us to earn your business. We do that by offering:
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Same day service
- Flat rate pricing
- Professional workmanship