Depending on where you live, spring means heavy rains, and with those rains comes water in the basement for many people. If you’re worried about water buildup during the rainy season, consider installing a sump pump to keep your basement dry. Or, if your sump pump isn’t up to the job, maybe it’s time to consider replacement.
Is your water bill rising and you don’t know why? Check out our leak detection service and let us test for a problem.
Benefits of Installing a Sump Pump
There are many advantages of getting sump pump installation services for your Edmond home. A sump pump is a device designed to prevent water from building up and getting into your basement or crawlspace. Here are three advantages of having a sump pump in your home:
- Prevent flood damage and save you money on home repair and cleanup
- Minimize the chance of mold buildup, which can affect your family’s health
- Reduce the chance of fire caused by electrical short circuits because of flooding
If you’re not sure you need repair or a new unit installation, call Champion Plumbing and let our Edmond based sump pump replacement professionals assess your situation.
How to Maintain Your Sump Pump
Your sump pump has to work when you need it, which is why it’s essential you maintain it so it’s ready to go at a minute’s notice and perform as intended. Here are ways to keep your sump pump in tip-top shape.
- Clean the inlet screen
- Make sure the power cord is secure and connected
- Test the float to make sure the unit engages
- Clean your sump at least once a year
- Check the user’s manual to see if your pump requires lubrication
A clog in your main sewer line can create problems with your whole home plumbing system. Check out our sewer line repair service and let us help.
Signs Your Sump Pump Is Failing
Your sump pump is a workhorse that defends your home against flooding, which is why it’s essential it remain in good working order. To ensure your basement or crawlspace remains dry, check out these signs you need sump pump replacement.
- Makes grinding or rattling noises
- Vibrates and shakes while operating
- Cycles too much
- Corroding or rusting
Don’t let a failed sump pump ruin your home. Call us today if you need repair or replacement services.